Now taking scholarship applications
Clark University Junior Celia Ringland (above, center) was the 2016 recipient of the Elaine Cencak Memorial Scholarship. Celia, a Shrewsbury resident, received a $1,000 award. Tell a communications student at any Worcester-area college about this opportunity:
Elaine Cencak Memorial Scholarship
The Communicators Club offers a $1000 scholarship each year, along with a one-year free membership for the winner, to support networking and professional development opportunities.The scholarship was established in 2002 in honor of Elaine Cencak, who helped found the Society of Professional Communicators (The Communicators Club’s previous name) and nurtured it as advisor and mentor during its first four decades.
Who is eligible?
Full- or part-time college sophomores and juniors majoring in a communications field at a Worcester County college, as well as seniors continuing on to graduate school to pursue a higher degree in a communications field may apply for TCC’s Elaine Cencak Scholarship.
How to apply
Applications are now open for the 2017 scholarship. If you qualify, please complete the on-line scholarship application to begin the process.
- All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCC’s Scholarship Committee will not review any materials before the deadline.
- Each applicant submit all materials via email by March 15, 2017.
- Provide two (2) letters of reference. One reference must be an instructor or faculty advisor; the other should be someone who has supervised the applicant in a volunteer or employment position.
- In addition to two letters of reference, a complete application will consist of: resume, essay and three samples of communications work. If you are a graduating senior, also include your specific plans for graduate school in your essay.
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
How we select the winner
A committee of communications professionals judges scholarship applications based on:
- quality of application
- contributions to the communications field
- academic achievement and accomplishments
- demonstration of a commitment to a communications career
- communications skills
- enthusiasm for communications
March 15, 2017
Contact Scholarship Chair Barbara Ingrassia at email@example.com.