Nichols College Senior Isabella Sansone (sixth from left above) was the 2017 recipient of the Elaine Cencak Memorial Scholarship at our May 2017 Annual Meeting. Who will it be in 2019?
Tell a communications student at any Worcester-area college about this annual opportunity. Applications are now being accepted until March 29, 2019.
Elaine Cencak Memorial Scholarship
The Communicators Club offers a $1000 scholarship each year, along with a one-year free membership for the winner, to support networking and professional development opportunities.The scholarship was established in 2002 in honor of Elaine Cencak, who helped found the Society of Professional Communicators (The Communicators Club’s previous name) and nurtured it as advisor and mentor during its first four decades.
Who is eligible?
Full- or part-time college sophomores and juniors majoring in a communications field at a Worcester County college, as well as seniors continuing on to graduate school to pursue a higher degree in a communications field may apply for TCC’s Elaine Cencak Scholarship.
Know someone who could apply?
If not yourself, definitely let them know. You can refer them here or print out copies of our scholarship flyer.
How to apply
When applications open for the 2019 scholarship, qualified applicants should complete the on-line scholarship application to begin the process outlined below.
- All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com
- TCC’s Scholarship Committee will not review any materials before the deadline.
- Each applicant submit all materials via email by March 29, 2019.
- Provide two (2) letters of reference. One reference must be an instructor or faculty advisor; the other should be someone who has supervised the applicant in a volunteer or employment position.
- In addition to two letters of reference, a complete application will consist of: resume, essay and three samples of communications work. If you are a graduating senior, also include your specific plans for graduate school in your essay.
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
How we select the winner
A committee of communications professionals judges scholarship applications based on:
- quality of application
- contributions to the communications field
- academic achievement and accomplishments
- demonstration of a commitment to a communications career
- communications skills
- enthusiasm for communications
March 29, 2019
Contact Scholarship Chair Barbara Ingrassia at firstname.lastname@example.org.