Scholarship applications being accepted
Please note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must be:
- A full- or part-time college student majoring in a communications field;
- Currently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior, or a senior continuing on to graduate school to pursue a higher degree in a communications field;
- Attend a college located in Worcester County;
- Not a current member of The Communicators Club.
Application supporting files must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2020.
A complete submission is required, including the following:
1. Essay, to include:
- Internship/co-op experiences utilizing your major field of study;
- Why you have decided to pursue a career in communications;
- Seniors: What your career objectives and confirmed plans are following graduation.
2. Three samples of communications work.
Applicants are encouraged to provide a variety of work that reflects overall communications skills. Samples may include written materials, such as brochures, newsletters, articles, design samples; or broadcast and other multi-media work. Include an introduction of the communications samples; explain whether each sample was the result of a class assignment or part of an internship, and your role in the preparation of this material.
3. Two letters of reference.
One reference must be an instructor or faculty adviser; the other someone who has supervised the applicant in a volunteer or employment position.
4. An up-to-date resumé.
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- TCC’s Scholarship Committee will not review any materials before the deadline; applicants may add, delete or modify materials until the deadline.
- Each applicant must submit all materials via email by April 1, 2020.
- Letters of reference should be sent via email to email@example.com and must be received by
- April 1, 2020.
NOTE: Incomplete applications packages will not be eligible for consideration.
The winner will be notified during a few weeks after the deadline. The scholarship will be presented at TCC’s Annual Meeting in May.