Scholarship applications being accepted
Please note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must be:
- a full- or part-time college student majoring in a communications field;
- currently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior, or a senior continuing on to graduate school to pursue a higher degree in a communications field;
- attend a college located in Worcester County;
- not a current member of The Communicators Club.
Application supporting files must be emailed to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2019.
A complete submission is required, including the following:
1. Essay, to include:
- internship/co-op experiences utilizing your major field of study;
- why you have decided to pursue a career in communications;
- what your career objectives are following graduation.
2. Three samples of communications work.
Applicants are encouraged to provide a variety of work that reflects overall communications skills. Samples may include written materials, such as brochures, newsletters, articles, design samples; or broadcast and other multi-media work. Include an introduction of the communications samples; explain whether each sample was the result of a class assignment or part of an internship, and your role in the preparation of this material.
3. Two letters of reference.
One reference must be an instructor or faculty advisor; the other someone who has supervised the applicant in a volunteer or employment position.
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- TCC’s Scholarship Committee will not review any materials before the deadline; applicants may add, delete or modify materials until the deadline.
- Each applicant must submit all materials via email by March 15, 2019.
- Letters of reference should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by March 15, 2019.
NOTE: Incomplete applications packages will not be eligible for consideration.
The winner will be notified during April 2019. The scholarship will be presented at TCC’s Annual Meeting in May.